5/03/2008

He's a catcher. He's a blogger.

He's a catcher and a blogger.

Chris Rosenbaum is a catcher for the Cedar Rapids Kernels and he has a blog, Looking through the mask and The Independent, a paper in Hillsdale, New York.

He posted on May 1st about an off day in Cedar Rapids.
WE HAVE our third day off of the season today. Since we only get twelve of them for the season, they are very well appreciated when they come around. I have not done much on my off days as of yet, and have primarily used them to catch up on sleep, laundry, and emails. We have yet to have nice weather for an off day; it has been either rainy or overcast. I know that a lot of the pitchers, and a position player or two, use the off days for big golf outings, and they have not let the weather deter them. All of the players and coaches get a free golf membership to one of the local courses, although I would be better off selling mine since I do not golf. I have gone a few times, but since I try to do the same things swinging the club as I do a bat, I never have success. I know that when my golf swing starts to improve, it will most likely be time to stop playing baseball. I am hoping to see the baseball field used in the movie Field of Dreams on one of the off days, since it is not very far from Cedar Rapids.
Wait until the corn gets in, Chris.

No comments:

Site Meter