5/08/2006

Compare & Contrast

Apparently, I got under the skin of a Cardinal fan by calling the uniforms of the Swing of the Quad Cities ugly. No, not just ugly. I believe my words were "The ugliest uniforms in the history of Baseball."

This internet listener may have misunderstood and it is easy to see why.

Four of the six minor league affiliates of the St. Louis Cardinals takes the name Cardinals -- or in the case of the Memphis Redbirds a derivative, but also has the same basic uniform scheme. The State College Spikes replaced the New Jersey Cardinals in the New York-Penn League.

St. Louis Cardinals, Memphis (PCL), Springfield (Texas), Palm Beach (Florida State), State College Spikes (New York-Penn), Johnson City (Appalachian)

Though I wouldn't cheer for the Cardinals on a bet, I do not think of their uniforms as ugly. The listener may have thought the Swing have jerseys just like the other teams in the Cardinal system.

Tell me does this:


From Emily Smith Photography

Look anything like this:

From jsonline.com

Maybe I was too harsh on the Swing jerseys. You can be the judge tomorrow. I will give you the opportunity to look at some of the ugliest baseball jerseys in the history of baseball and decide.

That is for tomorrow.

EDIT: Changed the formatting from right alignment to left alignment. Whoops.

No comments:

Site Meter