8/15/2008

Times on Rowland-Smith

Geoff Baker catches up with Ryan Rowland-Smith ('02, '03), pitcher, ex-Rattler, blogger...

"At first, I thought, 'Nobody's going to read this,' " he said. "And then I saw that people were actually interested in it."

The turning point was likely a "Heading to Tacoma" entry Rowland-Smith posted on July 25, right after being sent to AAA to be groomed as a starter. In the rather candid blog entry, he admitted to initially being disappointed.

"I left Safeco Field upset and very confused," it reads. "I'm not sure if people understand the feeling of being sent down, it's tough no matter what."

This came as a shock to some readers, who largely viewed the demotion as temporary and the beginning of the pitcher's dream of becoming a full-time starter.

That blog is right here. The entry portal is right here.

Now, excuse me. I have to read the latest entry by Heather Mitts on her blog. The US Women's Soccer team is saying "Hello Quarterfinals!"

No comments:

Site Meter