8/24/2009

Didja notice?

If you were at the game yesterday, you may have...

Wisconsin Timber Rattlers break attendance record
Neenah's Judy Youngquist was honored Sunday for being the fan who broke the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers' single season attendance record.

Youngquist was one of 5,459 fans who attended the Timber Rattlers' game against Cedar Rapids. More importantly, she was the 405th person to enter the stadium, allowing the team to top its old record of 233,797 fans set in 1996, the team's second season at Fox Cities Stadium.

The team's 2009 attendance now is 238,852.

Youngquist, who said she gets to several Timber Rattlers games, "but not as many as my husband," received several gifts for being fan No. 233,798.

Her prize pack included a Wisconsin jersey, a bat signed by the Timber Rattlers, tickets to a Milwaukee Brewers game, a gift card and a VIP suite to a 2010 Rattlers game. She also threw out the first pitch on Sunday.

"When we were in line, I saw them getting the cameras ready (behind the gate)," said Youngquist.

"I thought it would be someone behind us, but when we came through the gate it was me. I am very surprised because we knew it was happening, but I didn't think it was going to be me."
There are three games remaining in the season -- September 2, 3, & 4.

Can you help the Rattlers get to 250,000 for the season?

No comments:

Site Meter