5/28/2010

About Friday

I will need to look it up at some point this season, but it sure feels like the Rattlers get 'walked off' more by the Kernels than by anyone else.

Take the following classic album cover art as a commentary on a game that this Rattlers team had...

... had despite five errors, six walks, a wild pitch, and...I can't believe that I am going to type this last part...and the Kernels having at least one runner in scoring position in every inning.

Did that last part blow your mind? Because I was there and I just saw it and I am still taking that in...So, I will repeat...

The Kernels had at least one runner in scoring position in every inning.

Feel free to check my math.

But here it is:

1st: Jean Segura @ 3rd w/ 2 out (stranded)
2nd: Luis Jimenez @ 3rd w/ 2 out (stranded)
3rd: Mike Trout @ 3rd w/ 1 out (thrown out at the plate)
4th: Luis Jimenez @ 3rd w/ 1 out (stranded)
5th: Jon Karcich @ 2nd w/ 2 out (stranded)
6th: Casey Haerther @ 3rd w/ 1 out (scored)
6th: Luis Jimenez @ 3rd & Justin Bass at 2nd w/ 1 out (stranded)
7th: Mike Trout @ 3rd w/ 1 out (stranded)
8th: Justin Bass @ 3rd & Jeremy Cruz @ 2nd w/ 2 out (stranded)
9th: Jon Karcich @ 3rd & Mike Trout @ 2nd w/ 0 out (scored)


If the Rattlers had held on to win this game, I had another iconic image all set to go.

Get 'em tomorrow.

No comments:

Site Meter