7/17/2010

BROCK!

Brock Kjeldgaard's big night for Brevard County.
A little change went a long way for Brock Kjeldgaard on Friday night.

Kjeldgaard slugged a pair of homers and knocked in a career-high seven runs as the Brevard County Manatees pulled away for a 15-7 victory over the Charlotte Stone Crabs.

...
"Just before the game, my hitting coach [Dwayne Hosey] made a few adjustments," he said. "I raised my hands a bit and those pitches that I had been missing the last few days I hit pretty good."

Scott Krieger contributed a pair of hits and scored four times, while Shawn Zarraga was 3-for-5 with a double, three runs scored and two RBIs. Kjeldgaard credited the pair for setting the table for him.

"That was big," he said. "It's nice to hit when there are runners on base. It gives you a little more when you know you can drive somebody in. When you're always hitting with guys on base, it sure helps you out."
How that game is rendered in my head.

No comments:

Site Meter