9/17/2006

Baseball History September 17

Complete September 17 entry can be found at BaseballLibrary.com HERE.

Another winter project for me is to find the program from the following event.

1976
At Milwaukee's County Stadium, 40,383 fans are on hand to celebrate "Hank Aaron Day." Among those gathered are commissioner Bowie Kuhn and Jack Ford, representing his father Gerald. Hank goes hitless in five at-bats, and the first-place Yankees spoil the night by winning, 5–3, in 11 innings. Graig Nettles hits a solo homer in the 11th for the game winner, and an insurance run scores on a suicide bunt. Ed Figueroa tallies his 19th win, and the Yanks pad their lead to 11 games.


My dad took me to this and I remember all the former Milwaukee Braves in attendance. It was a special night. If I can find the program, I'll post a scan of it some time this winter.

No comments:

Site Meter