9/07/2006

LOOKOUT!!

My travels took me to Chattanooga to watch the Huntsville Stars against the Lookouts.

Good news Brewer fans, the Stars, Southern League affiliate of the Brew Crew, won 2-0.

Homer Bailey, the top prospect in the Reds organization, was on the hill for the Lookouts. But, he got outpitched by Brewer farmhand Corey Thurman.

Thurman topped out at 87 on his fastball, but allowed two hits and struck out five over seven innings. Bailey topped out at 95 and struck out three while allowed one run over six innings.

Lou Palmisano came through with a two out RBI single to score Brad Nelson with the run off Bailey in the top of the fourth.

Lots of Midwest League Alums in the game. Spoke with Don Money, former manager of the Beloit Snappers and now manager of the Star, briefly before the game. He had no idea who I was, but humored me when I told him that he looked better in a Beloit uniform.

I'll have pictures and more in the morning.

Right now? I'm somewhere in Tennessee and I need a quick bite to eat and a few hours sleep before updating things in the morning and getting back on the road.

No comments:

Site Meter