2/01/2008

MiLB and Sandberg

Steve Conley has a feature at MiLB.com called Questioning Authority. The Authority he is Questioning is Peoria Chief manager Ryne Sandberg.

A few of the Q & A's:
MiLB.com: Life in the Minors can be surreal. What's your favorite tale of the Minors, either as a player or on the bench?

RS: My first Spring training was in 1979 in Clearwater, Florida. I will never forget the day the Major League club came over to use one of the fields, and I watched in awe as the bus unloaded Pete Rose, Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton and Larry Bowa.

Five years later, Sandberg and Bowa were teammates on the Cubs. Now you know the rest of the story.

MiLB.com: Do the guys on your team know much about you and your history as a player?

RS: Well, last year at Spring Training many of the Peoria players approached me and let me know that I was their parents' favorite player.

I think he got that from a few of the broadcasters around the MWL, too.

Check them all out.

No comments:

Site Meter