5/06/2010

Dykstra & Arnett

Brett Christopherson of the Post-Crescent has a column that features Cutter Dykstra.
The text message consists of nine words, yet they have come to mean a great deal to Wisconsin Timber Rattlers second baseman Cutter Dykstra.

" 'Don't ever lose the faith you have in yourself,' " he said, repeating the message. "I saved it, actually. I look at it all the time."
Good stuff.

Tom Haudricourt has an article in the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that features Eric Arnett.
In conversations with Timber Rattlers pitching coach Chris Hook, agent Joe Speed and Mike Farrell, the Brewers' scout who signed him, Arnett kept getting the same advice. Be yourself, they told him. Go out there with expectation of success, not failure.

"It was all mind-set," said Arnett. "I talked to a bunch of people and they said I have to go out with the mentality that you're better than everyone else. Have that fire in your eyes.

"When you have a bad outing, it gets in your head. You try to make perfect pitches instead of just letting it go and doing what you've done best your whole life. I got sidetracked, trying to be too perfect. 'I don't want to give up another home run.' That kind of thing. I just went out (against Quad Cities) and used my stuff. 'Hit it if you can.'
Good stuff here, too.

No comments:

Site Meter