4/12/2009

April 11, 2009 Midwest League Report

Complete Scoreboard

@Wisconsin 3, Quad Cities 2: Saturday's victory capped a season-opening three-game sweep of the River Bandits, marking the first time Wisconsin completed a series sweep of more than two games since August of 2007.

Fort Wayne 9, Lansing 0: Five Fort Wayne pitchers combined to hold the Lansing offense to two singles, bettering their four-hit shutout victory on Opening Night.

@Cedar Rapids 9, Beloit 4:
Alexi Amarista was asked, in Spanish, about his height.

"Five-five," the Cedar Rapids Kernels second baseman said in English and with a smile.

"Five-five?" a local reporter asked. "It's got to be five-three."

"No, no, no," Amarista insisted. "Five-five."
Great Lakes 2, @Dayton 0: “It was the most boring time I’ve had in my whole managerial career,” said Benzinger, adding, “which has been three games.”

Clinton 3, @Burlington 2: "We're just not swinging the bats well. But we're competing well," said Bees manager Jim Gabella. "The guys never gave up and they competed all the way. That's a plus. When you do that, eventually things will turn around.

Kane County 3, @Peoria 2 (10 innings): Jason Christian walked with one out, ran through a stop sign at third base on Steve Kleen's single and scored when Peoria catcher Mario Mercedes could not handle the relay throw.

@West Michigan 5, South Bend 0: "I feel pretty good here," he said after scattering just two hits in five shutout innings as the Whitecaps won their third straight game to open the season. "I've just got to go out and do my job and help my team. I don't care where I am, I'm just going to play hard and do my work."

No comments:

Site Meter