5/05/2010

Odorizzi & Fatse & Arnett

Pete Fatse gets an article at masslive.com.

Minnechaug Regional product Pete Fatse of Hampden learning the ins and outs of minor league baseball
"There are guys that were drafted in the 45th round that are unbelievable and are tearing it up. Once you’re in, once you’re here, your production speaks volumes. I just consider myself another guy on the diamond hitting in the four hole for the Timber Rattlers right now. That’s how I see myself."
Jake Odorizzi has an article in the Beloit Daily News.

Odorizzi gives Brewers’ pitching hope for future
“I’m learning to trust my defense and trust my stuff,” he said. “You can’t strike everybody out anymore like in high school. You really have to trust your defense and your stuff and be confident in what you do. If you are going to throw a pitch you aren’t confident in, you might as well step off and not throw at all.

“Last year I was more of a thrower, trying to do everything myself. It’s more than just throwing. You have to think of what you want to do, what’s been working. That’s pitching. If it’s not working, you have to make it work.”
And there is a little something on Eric Arnett's weather-shortened start in the Post-Crescent, too.

Wisconsin Timber Rattlers starter Eric Arnett does well in rain-shortened outing against Quad Cities River Bandits

"That's kind of just bad luck to finally get a good start, get back on track and the rain cuts us short," the right-hander said after storms suspended the Rattlers' Midwest League game against Quad Cities at Time Warner Cable Field at Fox Cities Stadium. "But it was good to get out there, at least, and just get back on track to where I was in the past and just keep that rolling here on out."

No comments:

Site Meter