5/08/2010

Stories from Miller Park

I'm sure that there are more out there, but here are three that I have time to put up before today's game:


KCRG of Cedar Rapids had this Kernels-centric piece:

Jeff Johnson had the same from the Cedar Rapids Gazette.
Below the lineup card on a bulletin board in the Cedar Rapids Kernels’ auxiliary clubhouse at Miller Park, Manager Bill Mosiello wrote a message to his team.

“This is the kind of ballpark you should want to play in EVERYDAY!!” Mosiello wrote. “Now, think about how hard you are going to push yourself to obtain that GOAL!!”
Cory Jennerjohn had this column in the Post-Crescent.
Remember when your grandpa would hoist you up on his lap and start telling you stories from his past?

Matt Erickson may not have an AARP card yet, but that didn't stop the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers hitting coach from letting the youngsters know about the team he used to play for as they toured the $400 million playpen that awaits the fortunate few.

"We went through the home clubhouse and I had a couple guys ask me, 'Where's your locker,' " said Erickson, who played four games for the Brewers. "So I got to show them that. Casey McGehee's in it right now. I'd like to let Casey know that he's in my locker."
Cory also filed this report.
"That was the best performance by Damon all season long," Timber Rattlers manager Jeff Isom said. "He got behind some hitters, but he made some pitches when he had to."
More later when I have time to look for them and post them...Say, next Tuesday.

No comments:

Site Meter