7/01/2006

Random Picture from My Hotel Window (#6 in a Series)


You are so lucky. This is the first time in seven years that I have been in a room on this side of the hotel. The first six years here, I always had a view of the parking lot and the parking garage. Not a great picture.

This year I am on the side that affords a view of the Public Museum of Grand Rapids. That white, cone-shape thing is a training capsule for the Apollo Program. The people of Grand Rapids used it for a time capsule in 1976. Follow that link to A Field Guide to American Spacecraft. If anyone is still around reading this blog when they open it in 2076, let me know what was in it. If there is a Six Million Dollar Man or Evel Knievel action figure in there, I call "DIBS!"

Not in the picture, but right across the street from the hotel is the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum.

Unfortunately (or fortunately), I can honestly say that I have spent more time here than at either museum. I don't know what that first reviewer is even talking about. Never had a bad experience there.

No comments:

Site Meter