7/27/2008

Christopherson on Aumont

Erstwhile Rattler beat writer Brett Christopherson of the Post-Crescent sat down to talk with Phillippe Aumont. Here is the result:

Rattlers' Aumont goes from troubled life to prospect

"I'm one of the luckiest guys on earth," Aumont said recently, staring out at the Fox Cities Stadium field. "I was doing bad stuff. God gave me a dream, and I just continued to believe in it."

That bad stuff could have derailed a career that now finds the 19-year-old a promising big league hopeful as he looks to someday join an impressive fraternity of former Appleton minor leaguers who went on to enjoy successful stints in the majors.

But a good heart kept whispering to him there was more to life than a slew of bad choices and trouble.

If that didn't make you want to click on the link, maybe this last part will

"Everybody's got some challenges in their life," Aumont said. "I didn't want to be in trouble. But I was lucky to be a first-round pick. There's not too many. I didn't spit on that. I took that, and I've just worked hard every day."

Just go read the whole thing. It's interesting reading...just like what Brett can do when he's out at the ballpark...or anywhere for that matter.

No comments:

Site Meter