4/14/2010

What my gut tells me (4/14/10)



WIS 6
BUR 8

Boxscore | Game Story

The Nick Bucci I saw tonight (4IP, H, 0ER, 5K, 0BBs) is the Nick Bucci of whom I heard before the season started. That first Rattlers appearance of 3IP w/ 5BBs was an aberration.

Jon Pokorny is going to be a reliever to watch this year. He isn't listed as a prospect by Baseball America, but I like what I have seen out of him.

I really hope it doesn't happen, but the next time this team is down by a lot of runs early, they will come back and win. They were down 7-0 to Kane County on 4/10 and got to within 7-5, but lost 10-5. They were down 5-0 to Clinton on 4/12 and got to within 5-3, but lost 7-4. Tonight, down 7-2, they got to within 7-6 but lost 8-6. Again, I hope they don't get down by a lot early, but they will come back and win. They have the offensive ability.

Either Khris Davis or Chris Dennis will be the first Rattlers to have a five-hit game since Alex Liddi had one on June 14, 2008.

No comments:

Site Meter