4/18/2008

Only in Beloit

Before the season started, I had a few goals and I'm pretty sure that one of those goals was to provide a few slice of life posts about being on the road in the Midwest League. So, here goes.

The team bus rolled into the hotel parking lot around 1:00: That left me just enough time to finish up today's game notes and e-mail them out, grab some lunch, watch the first 20 minutes of a Law & Order I've seen 20 times, and catch the bus.

So, I headed over to one of the top three road Chinese Buffets in the Midwest League. (It used to be a top five, but it moved up the ladder due to the team hotel moving away from walking distance to the best Chinese Buffet in the MWL in one city and another restaurant being the "victim" of a "fire"...Those are for individual posts themselves....Back to the story.)

I settle into the booth at the restaurant and am about to get into my bowl of Hot & Sour soup. Then, I hear it. You know what it is. It is that one song that drives you up the wall everytime you hear it. But, here, in one of the top three Chinese Buffets in the Midwest League, here there was nowhere to run.

Embedding of this song has been disabled by YouTube. But here is the link. Click it. I dare you to make it through the opening piano part without turning it off.

Drag and click on the white space below for a hint as to what it is.

Through space and time

Always another show

Only in Beloit would this song be played in a Chinese restaurant.

Today's fortune: Restrain yourself from intruding into another's business.

Lucky Numbers:
4
6
18 - Korey Feiner
21 - Joe Dunigan
23 - Jake Wild
40

1 comment:

THE KID said...

Yeah, the solo work of Steve Perry on "Oh Sherry" was much, much better... :)

Happy road trip Chris.

Site Meter