7/09/2008

Catching up with...

the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers.


Rattlers have fond memories of youth baseball
"My dad was my coach when I was 13 and up, and he was an assistant coach for me before that," said Timber Rattlers outfielder Joe Dunigan, before taking the field in Wisconsin's 12-11 loss to Beloit on Sunday afternoon at Fox Cities Stadium. "Those were good memories, just being able to play with my dad. He worked a lot, but when he was off work, he spent the time with me playing ball. That just always reminds me of how fun Little League was."
Also going down memory lane are Blake Ochoa and Jake Wild.
"It was fun. I represented my state a lot of times in Venezuela," said the Timber Rattlers' Blake Ochoa. "When I was 11, we won the championship for the first time representing my state. It was very much the same way things are set up here for Little League."

...

"Are you kidding? I'd love to go back and play at that age," [Wild] said. "I'd tell them to just enjoy the experience because you only get to do it once."

No comments:

Site Meter