7/11/2009

Brown on managing

This has been in my inbox for awhile and since Daren Brown was the manager of Bobby Livingston, might as well bring it up now.

Rainiers’ Daren Brown on Managing
TW: Do you have team meetings?

Brown: I’m not big on meetings. I tend to have a meeting when I have something to say. Some teams have them all the time. I’m not okay with not playing well, because if you don’t play well you’re not going to win a whole lot. I’m pretty basic. You have to be patient, but at the same time, you have to let them know what you expect or you may not get it.

TW: In your opinion, what are the most important attributes of a good ballplayer?

Brown: Work ethic. If they don’t have a good work ethic, regardless of talent and ability, they may never make a big-league club. You can’t judge how big someone’s heart is, how much they want to compete and win, regardless of ability. Scouts and other coaches can’t see work ethic, but if players have that they give themselves a chance.
Head over to the rest of the Tacoma Weekly story.

No comments:

Site Meter