8/09/2009

Midwest League Action: Games of August 8, 2009

Complete scoreboard

@Peoria 14, Wisconsin 5: Chiefs version | Rattlers version

@Cedar Rapids 6, Beloit 3;
Beloit 10, @Cedar Rapids 2: Kernels split unique day-night double-header

@South Bend 8, Fort Wayne 4;
@South Bend 4, Fort Wayne 0: When Fort Wayne's Tincaps took a 3-0 in the top of the first inning of a doubleheader opener, no one at Coveleski Stadium could be blamed for thinking, "here we go again." After all, Fort Wayne led the minor-league baseball series against South Bend, 15-1, and had outscored the host Silver Hawks, 108-42, in those games.

Clinton 9 @Kane County 1: Maybe the Cougars should have stayed far from Kane County. After winning the final four games of their road trip, the Cougars have been dreadful upon their return.

Dayton 18 @Lansing 5: Dragons version | Lugnuts version

@Great Lakes 10, West Michigan 2: “We’ve been getting great fan support at home,” said Bustabad. “We’ve just got to play our best every day and give the fans a playoff spot.”

@Burlington 2; Quad Cities 1: "I was just happy to be playing baseball. It doesn't matter really where I play I just try to do my best and try to work the things I have to work," said Ortiz. "I was just trying to stay positive even though I was struggling and got sent down. That's my mentality, try to stay positive, try to take one at-bat at a time and try to do the best with what I've got."

No comments:

Site Meter