4/13/2006

Apologies

Wow, what a broadcast.

I have to apologize for a few things tonight.

I have no idea why the internet feed wasn't even on MiLB's broadcast schedule. I should have checked it way before the broadcast, but I figured there wouldn't be a problem.

Just before the first pitch, I noticed the issue. It was tough to get on the cell phone and call New York to see why they forgot about us during the game action.

Then, while trying to deal with the internet, I noticed that I had Hainley Statia written down on the lineup sheet as Henry Statia, which wouldn't be a big deal if it was just my scorebook. But, I do the lineup sheets for the press box so everyone from the PA announcer to the newspaper to the official scorer had it as Henry. Dumb mistake, my fault.

I've kind of already gone over why I blew the Triple Play and you can almost guarantee that it is going to be an audio clip on MiLB.com, just like a certain blown game winning home run call from Tuesday in Beloit.

Plus, there were a few things off air that I didn't react well to this evening.

I am trying to be a more positive person, but tonight reminds me how much more I have to go.

Sorry about that, Chief.

No comments:

Site Meter