4/02/2006

It's Raining Again

Nothing like a Supertramp song for a title to a post. If I start naming posts after passages from The Logical Song, feel free to stop me.

Here's the news.

I'll be filing Postcards from the Pressbox again this season. The Post-Crescent -- well, actually Rattler beat writer Brett Christopherson-- asked if I was interested and I said yes.

This is a web only thing for the RattlersReport section of their website. The entire archive from last year can be found here.

Also, there may be the worst picture ever taken of me at that same site. I look like Ray Milland after he was sewn onto Rosie Grier in The Thing with Two Heads. But it's Ray Milland wearing a headset.

Most of the day today is taking care of other writing duties. PLAYBALL! is the game day magazine fans receive on the way into Fox Cities Stadium. Just finished up the lead article and a section called Quick Hits. Both were suprisingly easy to write.

After this is posted, it will be time to set up my Game Notes documents for the season. Once that is completed, all that will need to be done is plug in new names and highlights into the empty spaces once the roster is set to go.

I'll be honest, they aren't really my game notes. I ripped them off almost section-for-section from Randy Wehofer. Randy is the radio announcer for the Burlington Bees and I couldn't have stolen them from a better guy. In fact, most of the radio guys in the league have ripped off their game notes template from Randy. He hasn't asked for royalties...Yet.

Four days to Opening Day!

No comments:

Site Meter