8/25/2006

If Friday's games were a movie...

it would be:


I believe that I have admitted a weakness for John Woo movies. Hard Boiled is one of my favorites.

Even with the loss in the completion of the suspended game and the one hit of the second game by the Rattlers tonight there was plenty of action at Fox Cities Stadium on Friday.

The LumberKings looked tough, just like the bad guys in Hard Boiled, in the completion of the suspended game from Thursday.

Jake Rasner carried it over to the regularly scheduled game, but the Rattlers, like the good guys in Hard Boiled, hung in there and managed the win with one big blast at the end.

In Hard Boiled the two good guys staged an attack on a hospital that the bad guys were using as a cover for their gun smuggling operation. It was really cool, even by John Woo standards.

In the game, Curt Ledbetter broke up the no-hit bid by Rasner with a lead off homer to win the game in the bottom of the ninth.

The box score for completed game from Thursday is HERE.

The box score for the regularly scheduled game for Friday is HERE.

2 comments:

Reel Fanatic said...

Though he's definitely gone downhill, there's no shame in admitting that you are fan of John Woo's old flicks .. my personal favorite (and I know I'm far from alone here) was "The Killer"

Chris said...

I thought about working that one in, but I couldn't find a spot for the blind lounge singer in last night's games.

Thanks for the note.

Site Meter