6/26/2008

At least it was for a good cause...

Remember that outing by Trevor Bell on Tuesday afternoon against the Timber Rattlers? I'm pretty sure that the folks in Cedar Rapids won't be forgetting it any time soon.
Bell was terrific on the pitching mound, especially Tuesday in a complete-game victory. But he was even better off it.

The California native, who pitched for the Kernels all last season, donated a $2,500 check before last night's game at Memorial Stadium to the local Red Cross for its flood-relief efforts.

"I (initially) thought things weren't too bad," Bell said. "But I got a chance to drive through the city the other day and it made me realize I could not not do something."
By the way, he is on his way back to Rancho Cucamonga in the California League.

No comments:

Site Meter