4/25/2007

4am and an update on Orta

Sorry for the late start today. Bus in at 4am and there was an article I needed to finish up for the Dayton issue of PLAYBALL!. I started to post, but the face of Christian Slater on the side of my copy of Broken Arrow was telling me to post something about his career.

That's when I decided to catch some sleep.

I know there was some concern out there about Rattler starter Ricky Orta. He left last night's game in the top of the second inning. He said that he had about 12 messages on his cell phone and some of the guys who follow Seattle's minor league system are probably wondering what happened.

I go back and forth on this stuff because the Mariners play pretty close to the vest on injuries. But, since Ricky was right in front of me in the line at McDonald's after the game and told me what happened, I'll share it.

Here is the deal: It was a blister on the second finger of his pitching hand. It opened up pretty bad. There were a couple of band-aids on it after the game. They will have to wait and see how this affects his next start. That would be next Monday against the Dayton Dragons.

No comments:

Site Meter