7/28/2007

You did what now to the where when?

I saw this headline and did a quick triple check...

Swing intern fills in as second umpire

A Swing of the Quad-Cities intern ended up with a game ball and an experience he will never forget Friday, working as a replacement for an umpire who was forced off the field because of an illness during the Swing’s 6-5 Midwest League win over Burlington.

I was in the ticket window selling tickets and a call came over the radio, saying I was needed,” said James Davis, who worked the bases for the final five innings. “I was pretty nervous at first, but it worked out fine. I just worked the game and the guys were good about it.”

Davis, who is a registered high school umpire in Ohio where he attends Bowling Green, was called into action after home plate umpire Roberto Medina became ill.


Baseball internships are fun.

No comments:

Site Meter