4/15/2007

Hotel room art (Cedar Rapids Edition)

New series of posts this season. Most hotels that I travel to have some kind of artwork hanging on the walls. I think it is to make you feel more like you are at home. If they really wanted to do that for me, they'd hang a Terminator movie poster on one wall and a life-size Elvis poster on the door. But, no. They have to cater to everyone.

The focus of first painting (yes, two paintings in my room) is the bottle of wine. There are two glasses? Why two glasses? Why any glasses? When I open a bottle of wine, I just unscrew the top and drink it right from the bottle.

The second painting is a street scene from a country in Europe. The language on the sign looks like Italian, but the scene reminds me of a little town in France that I visited back in the summer of...Oh, I can't even convincingly pull this lie off half way. Just enjoy the painting and the lamp.

Next stop Beloit. I know they'll have that Terminator movie poster in that room. It will be just like home.

No comments:

Site Meter