6/15/2006

Oh, I didn't forget...

I was just saving the latest comparison to prove that the SWING of the Quad Cities have ugliest uniforms in the history of baseball until today.

My thesis is that the Swing of the Quad Cities uniforms are the ugliest in the history of baseball. To do this, I offer visual proof via a fun tool with all of the uniforms in the Major Leagues that you could ask for at the National Baseball Hall of Fame Website and pictures from ejsmith.com.






Just because the A's (or the SWINGIN' A's as the were known for a time) were in the midst of three straight World Series Titles in 1973 gave them no right to come up with this 5-headed monstrosity. However....








This is just wrong. Pay special attention to the logo on the helmet. That is a saxophone. Shaped like an 'S', I guess.

At least the Charlie Finley didn't dig up Connie Mack and say "Here's what I think of you A's logo and turn it into a Buck Rogers in the 25th Century A and make them the New Oak Frisco Baseball Athletes.

This Saxophone 'S' is as has been said elsewhere, so wrong on so many levels.

Still undefeated. The SWING of the Quad Cities!

No comments:

Site Meter