7/13/2008

Catching up with...

the West Tennessee Diamond Jaxx.

Nick Hill is a Patriotic Pitcher

For most members of the West Tennessee Diamond Jaxx, this past week’s series with the Tennessee Smokies was just another road trip in a long season.

For Nick Hill, the five-game series meant more. Much more.

The left-handed pitcher was taking the mound in Sevier County, the closest he’s pitched to his Bluff City home since his days as a star at Sullivan East High School.

Wilson Captures Topps Player of the Month Award
Diamond Jaxx OF Mike Wilson has been named the Topps Player of the Month for June, as voted on by Southern League managers. The Topps Company of New York, makers of Topps Baseball Cards and in conjunction with Minor League Baseball, presents the award each month to the top performer in each of the ten full season leagues.
Moore moving up quickly
Adam Moore has dreamed about being a Major League Baseball player since he was 2 years old and hitting off a tee with a plastic bat.

He is close to realizing his dream, doing much more damage with a wooden bat as a catcher for the Double-A West Tenn Diamond Jaxx - two steps away from the major leagues.

"I always knew I would have a future in (baseball)," Moore said. "I enjoyed basketball and football in high school and I had college scholarships for both, but I always knew baseball was my dream. That's what I wanted to do."
Jaxx's Wilson climbing Mariners' ladder
Mike Wilson had a decision to make.

Attend the University of Oklahoma on a football scholarship or go into the Seattle Mariners organization as a second-round draft pick in the 2001 MLB Draft.

"Baseball was always my first love," Wilson said. "Football was something that I stumbled on when I was small, playing with my friends. I didn't really see myself playing (football) in college or in the NFL."

No comments:

Site Meter