5/26/2007

Can't let this date go past


Happy 100th Birthday, John Wayne. Any words?

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

I was looking for something more along the lines of baseball, sir. But, it is your birthday. I mean you never really played a baseball player. You were a sportswriter in Rookie of the Year, an episode of Screen Directors Playhouse directed by John Ford, but that will be fine sir.

Plus, there are a few other quotes of yours that help get me through the day, but that works great on your day. Thank you.

*The picture is from the end of The Searchers. It is maybe my favorite ending shot from any movie. Very powerful. If you've seen it you know. If you haven't, it's worth the viewing.

No comments:

Site Meter