2/16/2007

Rejection Theater

This week's Rejection Theater letter comes from the PGA Tour.

I'm not even sure how I heard about the Media Official position, but the events of Spring and Summer of 1998 were a bit hazy for me due to some job issues -- as you might imagine since I was applying for a job with the PGA Tour. And by job issues, I mean that I had been let go as Sports Information Director at UW-Superior so that a new coach on staff could take over that position and be paid full-time. The play-by-play job with the Dukes was paying the bills, but that job would be over when the season was over.

The letter:

Dear Chris:

Thank you for your interest in the Media Official position with the PGA TOUR. We were overwhelmed by the volume of excellent candidates who applied for the vacancy.

While we have not made a final determination at this point, we have narrowed the field down to a few candidates. I regret to inform you that you are not among our final field.

We thank you for your interest in the PGA TOUR and wish you well in your future endeavors.


Translation: We got your resume. You never had a chance. Get on with your life.

Sometimes I think that in a parallel universe, another Chris Mehring got this job and is working for the PGA TOUR. But, that Chris Mehring has a goatee.

But, that Chris Mehring is the good one.

No comments:

Site Meter