3/30/2009

Starting today...

If there is time, I'll be doing a mid-day update from here through September. This will be for news items that I missed in the morning, new things that come in to Rattler Radio, and various other things.

For the new readers out there, the in-season post schedule for night games goes a little something like this:

MORNING POSTS:
MWL ACTION: Links to game stories in various Midwest League newspapers and on team websites.

MWL NEWS: Um, News from around the Midwest League.

BREWER SYSTEM REPORT: A look at how the rest of the Milwaukee system did.

MLB RATTLER ALUMNI: A look how some ex-Rattlers did in action the previous night.

TIMBER RATTLER GAME RECAP: A little something about the last Rattler game played. Still working on a theme. In the past it was something like...If Last Night's game were a movie...or If Last Night's game were a song...Developing

LUNCHTIME UPDATES:
MISCELLANEOUS: Um, Miscellaneous stories that don't fit into the morning update.

GAME NOTES: Notes about the game that evening.

RATTLER STARTING PITCHER NOTES: Pretty self-explanatory

PRE-GAME UPDATE:
Maybe the starting lineups, maybe a promo for that night's pre-game show guest, maybe a quick weather report, maybe something else. This is fungible.

POSSIBLE IN-GAME UPDATE:
I am thinking about having a liveblog during some games. This will let you chime in with questions, comments, or just talk with the two other people who would be on-line to comment.

If there is a rain delay, I'll bring back Rain Delay Theater.

To follow up on the Live Blog idea...I am about 98% sure that I will be doing a live blog for the scrimmage between the Timber Rattlers and UW-Oshkosh during Fan Fest on April 7. Some, if you can't be here, I can make stuff up to keep you informed.

POST-GAME UPDATE:
Nothing except a link to the box score and the game story with perhaps a pithy comment or two. I'd lie and say that I have a life, but that much time on a computer can't be good.

The posting schedule for day games will be very, very compressed.

1 comment:

parkside21 said...

Sounds great, Chris. I always enjoyed the Series Preview posts too. I liked the players from the draft/prospecting info. Like I've said 100 other times, I can't wait for the season. I could never get The Frog (or whatever it was called) to come in on my little radio when I tried to bring it to games the past few years. Looking forward to much better reception this year, and maybe listening to you call a few games when I attend alone. Though, I'll feel a little silly, since I sit like 20 feet from your booth, maybe you could just talk louder out the window (that does open) and I could save on batteries.

Site Meter