6/16/2006

Who do I want to win the U.S. Open?


Steve Stricker. Edgerton, Wisconsin native. But, that's not why.

As I write this, he is in the clubhouse at -1 through 36 holes.

Colin Montgomerie just sank a par putt on the first hole to remain tied for the lead.


From usopen.com


Here's why, I'm rooting for Steve Stricker.

He lent his name to some of the best non-team shirts that I have.

I bought about five of them at the Kohl's in Duluth, Minnesota before I moved to Green Bay in 1998. That was the same year he finished second in the PGA Championship. I watched the end of the final round of that tournament at a Boston's Pizza in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada after a Dukes loss to the Thunder Bay Whiskey Jacks.



This one is my favorite.

Go Stricker! On, Wisconsin!

No comments:

Site Meter