12/14/2008

The Challenge

Keep in mind that part of my job -- the main part when you think about it -- is selling sponsorships for the Timber Rattlers like the one mentioned in this story from JSonline.com.

In another sign of the effect the economy is having on sports, Mercedes-Benz has pulled out of its sponsorship of the right-field picnic area at Miller Park.

Mercedes had a three-year deal, but is not coming back, said Rick Schlesinger, the Brewers' executive vice president for business relations.

The new affiliation with the Brewers has helped us, but the challenge is still there. We have a great product, stadium, and future. But, we have to meet the challenge.

116 days until Opening Day, 2009.

1 comment:

THE KID said...

If that's the main part, next in line must be putting up with people like me. And i've checked with my wife, friend's, co-workers and bartenders....and that is a job, i don't deny it.

Throughout the winter in this time of economic decline, i have done my part to keep things going by consuming many, many 23 oz Miller Lites at my local Buffalo Wild Wings (Calumet St, Appleton...absolute best staff, no other place to watch football).

But today i took my first step towards the spring & Rattler baseball by becoming the proud owner of two weekday game packs.

I go to every weekday game any way so why not save a couple bucks and get two tickets to opening night?

Darren was very helpful and found me two seats exactly where i wanted them.

As part of any good marketing follow up he asked me how i heard about this and while i've gotten a couple fliers mailed to me i said to give Chris some love cuz i give him enough grief throughout the year.

And truth be told i did print out the 10/09 blog and pinned it to my lovely cubicle wall in order to remind me to order a mini package prior to 12/17 in order to take advantage of the opening night tickets.

Sure it's 3 degrees right now (and feels like -13) but i'm that much (picture pointer figure and thumb in close proximity) closer to the crack of the bat and the sweet taste of Leinie's Rattler Rally Ale!!!

Site Meter