12/23/2008

Musical Interlude

The guys from Brew Town Beat do a weekly post over at SportsBubbler.com called The Monday Morning Hangover.

They unveiled a 100-80 on their top 100 songs of the 90's in their latest post.

Good list with lots of flashbacks. But, the main one I wanted to point out was #100.
100. Del Amitri - Roll to me - The group wasn't exactly pleased that this was their most famous song. If you were stopped at a red light when hearing it, chances are the red light lasted longer than this tune.
I chimed in with a comment over there because, last week between scrounging for a caffeine fix and walking on the concourse staring at the bleakness of a baseball field covered in snow, I happened to mention Del Amitri to a co-worker. He looked at me like I had just started speaking like one of the Dead End Kids.

That's was just swell, Mac.

Anyway, here are a few Del Amitri videos.

From 1989's Waking Hours, Stone Cold Sober...which is not in the '90's and not eligible for the list as I mistakenly made a case in the comments:



From 1992's Change Everything, Always the Last to Know...which is in the '90's and not eligible for the list as I correctly made a case in the comments.


Link to the non-fan made video.

Also from Change Everything, Be My Downfall...technically a live version by Justin Currie

Be my downfall
be my great regret
be the one girl
That I'll never forget
Be my undoing
be my slow road to ruin tonight

No comments:

Site Meter