9/28/2009

Someone didn't have faith...

that I caught this certain event and would fail to mention it. So, I got this e-mail....then almost said to heck with it...But, then, that wouldn't be right.
The clouts included back-to-back jacks by Kenji Johjima and Matt Tuiasosopo in the fifth inning. Center fielder Franklin Gutierrez also hit a home run in the fifth.

Tuiasosopo's first career big league home run tied a club record. He became the 21st player this season to hit at least one homer, matching the record previously shared by the 1983 and '98 teams.

Rookies Adam Moore and Michael Saunders are the only position players currently on the roster who have not hit a home run with the Mariners.

"I knew I hit it well," Tuiasosopo said. "I had been reading [in the team notes package] that one of us had to hit a homer to tie the record and I told Saunders that now he has to get on board."
Video here

1 comment:

THE KID said...

C'mon now, you know that's not the case, i was just excited (as opposed to now...even though i'm not "working", i'm at work)!!!

Big weekend. Vols won ugly Saturday, Eagles rolled yesterday and when i got home i saw Tui hits his first!!!

Site Meter