11/19/2009

I hope this was worth the wait (BUMPED with addition)

I thought that this was important enough to bump to the top for the rest of the day.

Click for a larger view of the new Time Warner Cable Field seating chart below. Did I say new Time Warner Cable Field seating chart? Why, yes I did say new. Why would I need to say new seating chart? Because of this...

Time for renovations at Time Warner Cable Field
The Timber Rattlers are getting ready for their second season as an affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers by making significant changes to the makeup of Time Warner Cable Field. The renovations include the addition of several new seating areas, moving the bullpens, and extending the current walkway beyond the outfield fence. Construction is already underway and should be completed by April 8, 2010, which is Opening Day for the Timber Rattlers.
Read the story or click the image below for the new seating sections.

There will be pictures of the progress made by the construction through the off-season.

ADDED: These renovations make this story from September over at BallparkDigest.com look a little foolish now, don't it? Initial reaction to that story...because that's what it was...a story...is here.

7 comments:

THE KID said...

Broken Wings Beach

"Baby, don't understand...why you don't want to sit...in the right field sand, whooooaaaa..."

parkside21 said...

I just read this on the official website. Way cool. Awesome. It appears the "boardwalk" won't go around the entire stadium, but it's still a cool idea. That was one of my favorite things about most of the Spring Training ballparks, was the option to take a stroll around the entire ballpark and still be able to see all the action on the field. It's a nice way to break up a 3 hour game.

Silly me though, I thought there was going to be this giant birthday celebration/announcement today for our fearless leader with the golden pipes. Oh well, I'll settle for the stadium additions.

Nicole said...

The all-you-can-eat is a smart move. While I loved being so close to the bullpens, they really were conspicuous and in the way. Moving them will take away a lot of area where fouls balls could be caught for outs. Can't wait for the first drive up from Milwaukee to check it out.

Owen Serey said...

I'm both saddened and excited that the bullpens are being moved. First, I'm saddened because I thought you had the most unique bullpens in the league. But I'm excited to see a door swing open, and watch some closer come running in from center field. Now you just need to get some lady in your press box to say "Oh my God, it's him" and play Wild Thing when your closer emerges. In a related note, we don't even come to Appleton this season, so you'll just have to blog about this if it happens.

Kyle Lobner said...

The changes look great, although part of me will be happy when the "All You Can Eat" ballpark fad is over.

I'm a little skeptical about the sand seating, though...won't that turn into a muddy mess if it rains?

Chris said...

In order:

Kid, You and your Mr. Mister.

Parkside, I try not to use this blog for personal announcements. Personal vendettas, you bet. Personal announcements, hardly ever. A boardwalk around the entire stadium is a bit impractical at this time...what with the double tier of wall signs, the groundscrew needing to get the batting cage through the gate in left field, and the large span that would be needed to get to the left field berm.

Nicole, we can't wait to have you come up. Maybe you'll catch a foul ball. Or, an errant pickoff throw to first.

Owen, We will still have unique bullpens. No one else in the league (unless the new teams do) has bullpens beyond the outfield fence. I don't want running. I want one of those golf carts with the baseball hat for a roof.

KL, "All-You-Can-Eat" will be with us, always. I am almost positive that we will have it tarped when it is raining. Plus, since the beach will be general admission, if it gets too muddy, people can move to the, um, wet grass berms...or something. Better people than I are working on this matter. Trust me.

THE KID said...

It just came to me...

But seriously, love the expansion of seating and the new areas.

And I agree with Owen in that it'll be cool to see the pitchers come out of the outfield bullpens.

And once we know who are pitchers are going to be, i'm available for ideas on vague 80's metal band intro music ideas.

Site Meter