12/23/2009

How to handle this?

Thanks to KLSnow from Brew Crew Ball for sending this one along.

It's a link that heads over to the blog of minor leaguer Garrett Broshius.

He -- Broshuis -- takes note of a fan chat with the new GM that the Toronto Blue Jays are increasing the road per diem for their minor league players from $20/day to $25/day.

The reasoning is to allow players to make healthy selections when dining.

I can go three ways on this:

1.) Make a couple of sarcastic comments and forget this post ever happened until it comes time to discuss my per diem for road games with my boss. (Aside: Though I doubt that the "So I can eat healthier on the road" excuse with get me very far in asking for an increase. One of the perils of working with the same people for 10 years.)

2.) Make a half-hearted attempt two days before Christmas at being serious about it on a blog post that will get buried.

3.) Actually do a little research into the subject and dedicate a Mehring Monday to the topic early in the New Year.

Now, since I am a lazy person who only gets an adrenaline rush when dealing with a deadline, I am always looking to put things off to the last possible minute. I choose Option #3.

I know that there is a healthy eating guide from Jake Marx, the strength and conditioning coach of the Rattlers in 2009, around here somewhere...I wasn't planning on following it, mind you. It was for entertainment purposes.

Once I find it, I'll put a column together. Maybe the first one of 2010...but more likely the second...definitely by the third.

There. I've given you something to look forward to in the New Year.

No comments:

Site Meter