2/26/2010

Kelley gets stitches...Bedard wins pool

Shawn Kelley ('07, '08), ladies and gentleman. Shawn Kelley!

Minutes before the Seattle Mariners stretched Wednesday, reliever Mark Lowe was on all fours, lifting his legs behind him, getting loose. Teammate Shawn Kelley bent down to grab one of Lowe’s feet – just as Lowe kicked out.

Kelley got a spike in the chin, stayed on his feet, but was bloodied.

“I couldn’t tell where it was, but my whole jaw hurt and I felt blood,” Kelley said. “I thought, ‘I might look pretty bad.’ ”

Mark Lowe ('05), ladies and gentlemen. Mark Lowe!

Did I say something about a pool?
After the workout, veterans Felix Hernandez, Cliff Lee and Erik Bedard were among the first in the clubhouse, each of them anxious to look at Kelley’s bloodied goatee.

“How many stitches?” asked Felix.

“Six,” said Kelley.

Bedard threw up a fist and yelled, “Yes!”

He had six stitches in the pool. Lee was off – he had 13. Hernandez had gone with four.

No comments:

Site Meter