11/18/2008

Closing down in Arizona

Joe Woerman ('06) has been writing a blog about his Arizona Fall League experiences. Today would appear to be his last entry.
Hello everyone, another week has passed as we are now three games from completion of another Fall League. I can't believe the six weeks have passed so quickly. Seems like days ago everyone was just meeting one another during the initial week of workouts in October. This year has been a very long season, very draining both physically and mentally. I for one have gone through a lot in 2008. My goals were not reached, and that alone sums up quite a bit when your in higher levels of baseball. It's not class A anymore, this is the level that guys really push for to get over the last hump and play in the Major Leagues. I faced a great deal of adversity, in trying to figure out how to simplify the game and pitching for that matter. I could go on and on about what went wrong, but rather I choose to take the positives and dwell on the good. I walk away from this season and just transfer thoughts to a new slate next year. I cant wait for spring training, as it will be here in no time.
Also, enjoy this travel tip won from painful experience...
One thing about Arizona, Phoenix to be exact is the landmines that pepper the valley freeways. Not real landmines but rather the speed limit enforcement cameras. I was caught last year in spring doin a cool 82 when flashes went off. Months later I recieved my ticket accompanied by my photo driving the car unaware of my $250 mistake. These roadside cameras are all along the 101 loop and 10 east/west. The city was nice enough to place yellow warning signs of the coming trap, so be carefull when you come visit in the spring time. Personally, I think its a great way to keep traffic at a moderate 65 mph, however, it's not fun to get caught and have everything processed and filed by computer, since you never even talk to a police officer, and still get a ticket. Getting caught by a robot camera computer is a frustrating thing, so just keep it at 65.
Have a good off-season, Joe.

No comments:

Site Meter