11/04/2008

Luck, Baseball, Cow, Field

It all makes sense in the latest Joe Woerman post...Maybe...
I believe luck has as much to do with baseball than a cow has to do with a grass field. Obviously it takes great skill for a pitcher to throw the baseball to a location relative to the hitter. Placing unbalance to his hand eye coordination in hitting the baseball, is all baseball is.
...
When the hits come about by squeezing through defending infielders, thats when it hurts most, maybe scoring a run late in the game with two out. I've done it many a times. "Why couldn't the ball have bounced seven inches that way." I often ask myself this question. Had it bounced my way, maybe an inning ending threat, double play or better. But the fact that your groundball traveled its intended path past the close leather of a infielder glove, makes you grit your teeth. Tough to swallow, but thats Baseball, and luck will always deliver its highs and lows.
Understand?

No comments:

Site Meter