11/17/2008

Letters to the info account

Occasionally, there is an e-mail that comes into Timber Rattler HQ that you just have to wonder if it is a put up job or if it is someone who is very, very earnest.

This is one of those e-mails. Please note that I have taken all identifying information out of the e-mail. The reason for posting this -- since I suspect that other minor league teams check this blog out occasionally -- Has any other team received a similar e-mail?

I have bolded the pertinent question within the e-mail.
From: [Redacted]
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 01:59:18 -0600
To: [Redacted]
Subject: Input from a lifelong Timber Rattlers/Foxes fan

Dear Sir or Madam,

My name is [Redacted] and I've been a fan of the Timber Rattlers since they were the Appleton Foxes. I went to games when Alex Rodriguez was playing shortstop and still go to games when I'm back home in Appleton. I'm very happy that the Brewers are now affiliated with the organization. Here is my question: Will the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers consider hiring Jose Canseco in some capacity to help the team improve?

Jose Canseco has been blacklisted since he put tremendous pressure on the MLB by writing "Juiced". I believe the great majority of baseball fans believe Canseco displayed great fortitude by bringing to light a problem that tainted America's Pastime for decades.

Canseco wants badly to get back into baseball. Someone should give him a shot. I am asking that you, the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers, to consider hiring Canseco in some capacity to help the team. I don't know if this e-mail will reach those who have a say. I can only hope.

Please respond to let me know this message was read. Thank you. Go Rattlers!

Sincerely,

[Redacted]
I wonder if the e-mailer knew this recently happened to Jose. That may put a crimp on his employment possibilities within baseball.

I also wonder if the e-mailer knows that the Timber Rattlers do not hire coaches. That would be up to the parent club.

Thank you for the e-mail, [Redacted].

No comments:

Site Meter