2/27/2009

A bit more depth

Earlier in the week, I linked to a blog post by Jeff Johnson in which he previewed the new manager of the Cedar Rapids Kernels. The story is available on-line now.
He had an offer on the table from the Colorado Rockies. Then the Los Angeles Angels called Bill Mosiello the same day, and his summer destination became clear ... Cedar Rapids.

"God's a great man, and he has done some great things for me in my life," said the 2009 Cedar Rapids Kernels manager. "When that happened, it was a no-brainer."
Mosiello has managed in the Midwest League before this turn. He took over in Battle Creek nearly 40 games into the 2004 season.
"Ballparks are what you care about," Mosiello said. "I know Grand Rapids is a beautiful ballpark. Dayton is such a special place, I'd love to play there 30 games a season.

"I remember Cedar Rapids being a really neat place, too, when we were playing there. I played with Ever Magallanes and coached Bobby Magallanes (former Kernels managers), and they both had nothing but good things to say about being in Cedar Rapids. I'm looking forward to getting there."

Minor-league pitchers and catchers report for spring training March 8 and 9, Mosiello said, with position players reporting the next week. The Kernels' 2009 season opens April 9 at home against Beloit.

No comments:

Site Meter