2/06/2009

I've had years like this

Follow the links in the chain.

I found the story at Brew Crew Ball.

He found the story at Fish Stripes.

He found the story at 30-year old Cardboard.

Now, you've found a Worst Nightmare for a team.

Like most major league teams, the Marlins are hitting the road this week as they drum up some publicity for the 2009 season. This 5-day tour is a tri-county jaunt with several stops in which the fans can meet the players as well as take part in the exciting events that the Marlins have scheduled. The week culminates with the Florida Marlins Fan Fest which will be held on Saturday at Dolphin Stadium.

Today, I made the long trip to Homestead, Fl. According to the schedule publihsed by the team, several players would be on hand at the Habitat for Humaity jobsite. Although the schedule did not say that this event was open to the public, I still made plans to attend and was shocked to discover that I was the ONLY fan there!!!
Day 2 was a little better.

Now this was more like it should be. If you read my recap of the Caravan tour yesterday you would recall that I was the only fan there. Although it was not advertised by the Marlins as a public event I was still quite surprised to be the only fan that showed up.

Today’s event was in Pembroke Pines and had an attendance of 50-60 total people. Again, I got there early as I tend to over-prepare for these types of things, but 1 day I will come to realize that the Marlins just don’t get the community support in the same way that other MLB teams do.

Your two-time World Champion Marlins!

No comments:

Site Meter