7/26/2008

Midwest League Action (7/24)

July 24 scoreboard.

@West Michigan 9, Wisconsin 4: "Kibler was on tonight," DePastino said. "He had all three pitches working and he could throw them when he was behind in the count for strikes."

Kane County 7, @Fort Wayne 2: “I think what happened in that last (fifth) inning, (Luebke) was throwing a lot of fastballs and got away from throwing the softer stuff, and even though the last couple of runs were chopped balls, the fact of the matter is he stopped doing what he did so well in the first three or four innings,” Wizards manager Doug Dascenzo said.

@Dayton 3, Peoria 2: "I knew I was fine to play today, but they wanted to give me some rest," Cozart said. "(Pinch hitting) was kind of a spur of the moment thing. (Dragons manager Donnie Scott) called my name, and I was happy to get the hit."

@Great Lakes 7, Clinton 3: "We would've gone 0-6 (against Clinton) if we didn't win this game, but now we have a one-game winning streak," said Loons' manager Juan Bustabad, whose team improves to 12-31. "Now we have Quad Cities (this weekend), and hopefully we can beat them all three."

*Quad Cities 13, @Lansing 4: "It's just the way it goes sometimes. We've got a lot of guys adjusting to new roles, and they're throwing a little bit more than they were earlier in the year. They're just going to have to keep going and work to get better in this last month."

@South Bend 5, Beloit 4: "I thought I got all of it, but I ran hard around the bases just in case it didn't go over," Harbin said of his home run. "It really felt good to get a couple of hits tonight. The last couple of games I had been really pressing, so I decided to slow down and let the game come to me by being a little more patient at the plate.

@Burlington 7, Cedar Rapids 6 (10 innings): "I was kind of surprised," Giavotella said of Fuller playing on the infield. "I've never seen that before. All we had to do was get one in the outfield. I had confidence in Clint."

*-Here's the headline to that story. Notice anything wrong? Clinton scores six in 1st, coasts 13-4

No comments:

Site Meter