7/24/2008

Posted without comment (updated)

There have been a lot of stories out there about the following topic. I will not comment on them. Do not ask me to comment on them. Do not ask me what I think about them. I will not respond. I'm not even going to mention the topic. Heck, I am not putting up headines, just links.

Why? Here is an excerpt from one of the articles.
Major League Baseball has strict guidelines that prohibit big league and minor league teams not bound by contract from discussing their future intentions — publicly or with each other.

Violations, if discovered, result in tampering charges and stiff fines: $500,000 at the major league level and up to $100,000 at the minor league level.
Everyone knows that I am an eccentric millionaire who only does this for the love of the game, but everything is tied up in real estate. I don't have that kind of money right now. So with that in mind...

The first story is from a Brett Christopherson article in the Appleton paper this morning. Click on the link and read the story. Click here.

The second is a reaction to Brett's article in the Charleston, West Virginia newspaper.

The third link is an article from Charleston on July 4. The fourth link is a column in the Charleston paper from July 16: Here is the story. Here is the coulmn.

That is all I'm going to say about that.

Update: What a liar I am. There was this story yesterday in the Charleston paper. Adding it here.

No comments:

Site Meter