4/26/2010

Mehring Monday: Not really an offday

The schedule may say that there is nothing going on at Time Warner Cable Field today. But, what does the schedule know?

The front office was there before 9:00am this morning. It was time to pull the tarp off the field from yesterday's rain/wind storm.

The grounds crew got to work right after that because the field needs to be ready when the team gets back from this road trip.

The ticket department started taking orders for the next homestand.

The groups department was making calls.

The corporate department was dealing with their clients.

Players were there to work on their throwing program and may get a workout in because of the weather on Sunday.

Food & Beverage were doing what ever it is that food & beverage does on an off day. (Note: I don't pay any attention to what Food & Beverage does. As long as they bring me my food before the game and refill my Mountain Dew during the game, I really don't want to ask them too many questions.)

Me? I just got my haircut and oil changed. Okay. You caught me. I am not at the stadium. But, is running errands really an offday?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

F & B doesn't do anything... Pooby is in charge.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Site Meter