4/27/2010

What my gut tells me (4/27/10)



WIS 4
PEO 5

Boxscore | Game story

My gut tells me that if I had room on the front page of the Rattlers website, the full headline from the story that gets e-mailed out to the media would have made it. That e-mail was titled: Rohan rides; Late Peoria homer foils Rattler comeback.

Wednesday marks two games in a row in which the Rattlers rallied for three runs in the eighth inning to tie a game. It also marks two games in a row in which the opponents have scored to retake the lead in their next at bat.

This team is capable of stringing together some wins. What is going to set them off is a rally that puts them on top and they take down a win.

That being said, they are not going to win many games if they continue to get down three runs early in the game.

My gut tells me that the Efrain Nieves who tossed four scoreless innings of relief his last time out, has to show up as the starting pitcher on Thursday. Or it's going to be a long game.

Get 'em tomorrow.

No comments:

Site Meter