12/24/2006

Q & A with Dobbs

Greg Dobbs (WI '02) recently had a Q&A session with mlb.com. Click on the headline for the whole story. Exceprts below.

Father-to-be Dobbs reflects on holidays
With first child on the way, infielder sharpens focus on family


This promises to be a different kind of holiday season for Seattle's Greg Dobbs, as he and his wife, Heidi, are expecting their first child on Jan. 13. Dobbs thinks that the blessed event could come sooner than later.

"It could come any day," Dobbs said from his Southern California home last week. "We're in a holding pattern."

Dobbs -- who hit .370 in 23 games and was the team's top pinch-hitter -- shared some of his most unforgettable holiday memories and his New Year's resolution with MLB.com.

MLB.com: What are your fondest childhood memories in regards to Christmas?

Greg Dobbs: When I was really small, I thought I heard Santa's reindeer on our roof at Christmas. I got all excited and went and told my brother. We sat and tried to listen for him. Then the next morning, all the gifts were there, a few of the cookies were missing and half the glass of milk was gone.
...
MLB.com: What's the best Christmas present you've ever received?

Dobbs: I would say the coolest present I ever received came the year my dad went to Germany for a month for work. He went and bought an LGB train set that was made in Germany and brought it home. I didn't even want a train set, but the fact that he was miles away made it cool. To this day, it still runs.

No comments:

Site Meter