5/22/2008

Bet you didn't expect me on the road

Greetings, Timber Rattler fans. Carl, the Rain-Hating Camel, here. I thought that I might just pop in to see a game in Cedar Rapids tonight, but the tarp is on the field. If I may borrow a rather vulgar phrase from my colleague Brick, This blows.

Rain is bad and I hate it. But, I really hate rain on the last day of a series, especially if this happens to be the last meeting of a half between the teams. You have to sit around and wait and wait and wait and wait.

Mehring still tells the story about 2002 in Dayton where the Rattlers sat around for three hours before finally starting a game after 10:00pm. I'm pretty sick of him telling it, but you try telling him to stop.

Anyway. Just thought that I'd pop in here to say hi and tell the rain to go away. There is a green blob on the radar to the west of CR, but I am confident that it will pass and there will be baseball tonight. If not, well, rain will make my list again.

Good baseball to you.

No comments:

Site Meter